Can Evolution calendar reminders pop-up automatically?

Tim Zakharov tzakharov at charter.net
Sat Jul 26 12:57:45 UTC 2008

I've been posting to the Evolution mailing list about a problem I am
having with Evolution's calendar reminders not automatically popping up
on my screen.  They suggested that the behavior I am looking for happens
in other distributions, so perhaps my problem is specific to Ubuntu.  So
I am posting here to see if that is the case.

I use Ubuntu 8.04.1.  Evolution is fully up to date via Update Manager.

In summary, here is what Evolution currently does with calendar
reminders on my system:  I see the notification icon appear in the
notification area.  If I left-click this icon, ONLY THEN does a window
pop up on the screen with a reminder.  If I happen to right-click the
notification icon on accident, it dismisses the reminder!

I would like to bypass the left-clicking of the notification icon and
just have a pop-up window AUTOMATICALLY appear on my screen with my
reminder.

Have Ubuntu developers modified this behavior as someone on the
Evolution mailing list suggested?  Can someone help me get Evolution to
behave in the manner I am looking for?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.