Extremely large -data packages

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Mon Jul 21 12:36:18 UTC 2008

Olá Jack e a todos.

On Sunday 20 July 2008 06:38:27 Jack Coulter wrote:
> Basically, I am writing to enquire as to if Ubuntu would have any issues
> with packages of this size? And if so, what would be the next suggested
> course of action.

I've read in the past that some mirrors refused to mirror certain apps due to size, but the major bulk, mirrors everything.
Looking at synaptic, there are currently 7 game packages raging from 189MiBs(Warsow) to 338MiBs(Nexuiz) int the intrepid rep.

From a user POV I see no problem with having them in the reps, but I do agree with some mirror-admins, that those packages have usually really low usage but make lots of bw if they need to be rsync many times.

If everything else fails, you may ask LP admin if you can have it initially on a PPA (i dont know the quota limit on PPAs, sorry), and if it can handle safely, then ask Ubuntu reps to store it.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net