PulseAudio integration issues

Conn subpsyke at eircom.net
Wed Aug 20 18:08:00 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:39 PM, Caroline Ford <
caroline.ford.work at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Flash and audacity? It sounds like anything people are likely to be
> using is broken.
> I think it's actually better to ship without pulse audio than to break
> people's sound like this. My hardy audio only started working properly
> once I'd removed pulse. What does pulse actually give us?
> Caroline
It's unfortunate that Audacity does not work, yes. As for Flash, it works
*perfectly* with PulseAudio, but only when PulseAudio itself is configured

I agree that removing PulseAudio (rather, reverting to ESound Daemon) is
easier, but it's not necessarily better. We made the decision to support
PulseAudio (implicitly or otherwise) when it was integrated into Hardy - an
LTS release!

(OT: Caroline, sorry for the double-post. I replied only to your address the
first time by accident).