Call for testing empathy

Luke L lukehasnoname at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 07:12:13 UTC 2008

I'm skeptical about this. I personally have never heard of this software
before this email. Pidgin is cross-platform and elegant, easy to use, and
extensible. Also, (I know this is hearsay) I've heard people mention the
idea of removing EKIGA as not enough people use it to warrant it being a
default program! So according to such a claim, there is certainly not enough
demand for video and voice to warrant switching from Pidgin.

Pidgin works terrificly, and is stable. Ekiga covers the rest. This would be
a pretty big switch in terms of volume of users, and Intrepid is only 2.5
months away. I believe this should be put on hold.

--
Luke L.