A tricky situation in malone bug 60995

Martin Olsson mnemo at minimum.se
Sun Oct 21 08:03:33 UTC 2007

Nicolas Alvarez wrote:

> It's the wrong way to fix it. You can lose data by clicking enter
> while a link is focused too, should we disable the enter key? The
> right solution has been mentioned multiple times in multiple places:
> prompt "Are you sure you want to change page and lose what you typed?"

Yes, exactly. Nobody is arguing *for* data loss, clearly data loss
should be avoided (but using another, more intelligent method).
I would also like to point you to the follow repro steps:

1. surf to cnn.com
2. surf to google.com
3. enter search query "hello"
4. press the BACK button in the browser
5. press the FORWARD button in the browser

Voilá your search query is still there intact: no data loss! Maybe this
was a big problem in previous versions of Firefox but right now, the
data loss argument is running very short.

		Martin