GetDeb Project

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Tue Oct 16 20:26:20 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 16:19, João Pinto wrote:

> Once we skip that phase of the dialog, we will get into the, "How can we
> collaborate?", which I was trying to get into on my previous mail,
> regarding the ability to upload packages to a backports automated building
> process.

By policy (given out by the Ubuntu Tech Board) backports only come from the
developmental repository.  I don't understand why you keep wanting to bypass
that step.  The packaging standards for backports are the same as for regular
Ubuntu development repositories.

What would uploading packages for automated building accomplish?

Scott K