GetDeb Project

João Pinto lamego.pinto at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 20:52:51 UTC 2007

Hello,
That policy is development oriented. Our target is the "current" release.

A backport may be complex or not, it may even be impossible (it may depend
on core library upgrades), making sure a package can be successfully build
and successfully runs on both development and current, requires twice the
time for the reviewing (which is the most important process), we have a
large requests queue already, we can't afford that extra effort.

Our focus is the current release version, not the development version, for
the development version there is already the MOTU team which does have much
more human resources and which does a great job.

Uploading to the automated system would guarantee that you would get all the
packages that we produce, I understood that your main concern is that we
also provide packages to the official repositories, on this case because we
work with current version, it would be for backports.

Thanks

2007/10/16, Scott Kitterman <ubuntu at kitterman.com>:

> By policy (given out by the Ubuntu Tech Board) backports only come from
> the
> developmental repository.  I don't understand why you keep wanting to
> bypass
> that step.  The packaging standards for backports are the same as for
> regular
> Ubuntu development repositories.
>
> What would uploading packages for automated building accomplish?
>
> Scott K

João Pinto
IRC: Lamego @ irc.freenode.net
Jabber ID: lamego.pinto at gmail.com