GIMP *final* release for Gutsy?

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Nov 9 11:13:56 UTC 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007 04:09, Scott (angrykeyboarder) wrote:
> Reinhard Tartler spake thusly:
> > "Scott (angrykeyboarder)" <geekboy at angrykeyboarder.com> writes:
> >> None that would "interest" [some Ubuntu] developers, I suppose....
> >>
> >> OK...
> >>
> >> Off to plan B.
> >>
> >> getdeb.net
> >>
> >> Oh wait, Ubuntu developers get upset when users go elsewhere for updated
> >> versions of software...
> >>
> >> OK..
> >>
> >> Off to plan C.
> >>
> >> ?
> >
> > Language, please. See please see http://www.ubuntu.com/community/conduct
> > for guidelines.
>
> 1. I don't see any foul language. Perhaps I'm overlooking something?
>
> 2. Considering the offensive nature of the message I was responding to,
> I feel I was quite reserved. In fact my response was (thankfully)
> written after a personal "timeout".

If this:

On Thursday 08 November 2007 19:26, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> As a rule, developers aren't terribly impressed by version numbers.  What
> problem are you having that you think this would fix and that is severe
> enough to warrant a stable release update?

angers you enough to require a personal timeout, I really don't know what to
say.  You call yourself the angrykeyboarder and so I guess that fits.  So far
you have yet to answer the question I asked, so I will ask it again:

What problem are you having that you think this would fix and that is severe
enough to warrant a stable release update?

This is the crux of the matter.  Your anger and denigrating tone are not
encouragements to help you.  Virtually all of the people who have responded
to you so far are here as volunteer developers.  Getting mad at volunteers is
not a generally effective strategy for motivating them.  Mostly what it does
is get you on their personal list of people they aren't going to listen to.

Scott K

P.S.  This will be my last message on this topic, so good luck getting your
update.