Tablet PC and Summer of Code

Francesco Fumanti francesco.fumanti at gmx.net
Thu Mar 22 19:40:58 UTC 2007

Hello,

>I have used onboard, and it seems to work quite well.  In addition
>to the features you have mentioned (popping up as necessary and word
>prediction) I can think of a few other additions, such as a number
>pad, additional language/keyboard configurations, and maybe shortcut
>keys for commonly used text such as passwords.

onboard already supports custom keyboard layouts; in fact, I am using
a modified version of the default layout shipped with ubuntu.

It also supports shortcuts to enter commonly used text; this is
called snippet in onboard. If you open the settings of onboard, there
is a tab to enter the often used texts. You can find the shortcuts
for the snippets on the layout that you get when you click on the
blue field on the right side of onboard.

Have a nice day.

Francesco