Tablet PC and Summer of Code

Matthias Klose doko at ubuntu.com
Fri Mar 23 14:42:27 UTC 2007

Charlotte Curtis schrieb:
> I have used onboard, and it seems to work quite well.  In addition to the
> features you have mentioned (popping up as necessary and word prediction) I
> can think of a few other additions, such as a number pad, additional
> language/keyboard configurations, and maybe shortcut keys for commonly used
> text such as passwords.
>
> Aside from the keyboard, what about the calibration issue and general pen
> behaviour?  I have the screen rotation working fairly well with a simple
> script, but the pen is not perfectly calibrated when change between
> portrait
> and landscape.  Also, the buttons on the pen (right click and eraser) do
> not
> behave as they should.  It would be great to have some sort of
> configuration
> tool to take care of these things.
>
> Thanks for all your comments, it's a big help.
>
> Charlotte

Please could you write down the project idea in a wiki page at wiki.ubuntu.com?
Use the SpecTemplate for the page. If you didn't already apply (see [1]), then
please do so before Mar 26. Evaluation and ranking of the submitted projects
will start next week.

  Matthias

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/GoogleSoC2007/Students