Preconfiguring Emacs.

Zak B. Elep zakame at ubuntu.com
Sat Mar 10 03:19:56 UTC 2007

"Joel Bryan Juliano" <joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com> writes:

> Would it be nice to have an emacs package create a preconfigured
> configurations for common tasks in programming like editing
> changelogs. I'm not a MOTU, but I guess most of the MOTU's use emacs,
> what about create an emacs package that is preconfigured for MOTU's?

Haven't you seen the dpkg-dev-el, debian-el, and emacs-goodies-el
packages?  As for changelogs, Emacs has had the GNU-style changelog ever
since, while the Debian-style changelog is available as another mode in
dpkg-dev-el.  You should really be using debchange(1) in devscripts to
edit changelogs though (which debian-changelog-mode assists...)

Cheers,

Zakame

--
Zak B. Elep