Preconfiguring Emacs.

Joel Bryan Juliano joelbryan.juliano at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 11:14:50 UTC 2007

--
I love emacs but it's tedious to preconfigure the ~/.emacs directory
everytime I install it, for example to insert a timestamp in the
changelogs, I'll have to create a emacs lisp file so it'll have to do
it, and it's easier in vim do to, just :r!date -R, but well, I'm an
emacs user since 1996, and I can't really elaborate what emacs can do
compared to vim.

Would it be nice to have an emacs package create a preconfigured
configurations for common tasks in programming like editing
changelogs. I'm not a MOTU, but I guess most of the MOTU's use emacs,
what about create an emacs package that is preconfigured for MOTU's?