Allowing passwordless login via GDM

Ouattara Oumar Aziz wattazoum at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 15:04:41 UTC 2007

Milan a écrit :
> I think this kind of use is a main target for Ubuntu, and using no
> password at all should be proposed to the user when he creates an account.

that was in your message date 22.02.2007 14:46 on my computer.

So I understood *no password at all* .

Now that you're saying clearly that you want an option in GDM to not
prompt for a password for some users, I can understand it and I think it
can be useful. A case has happened to me. I sometimes get some visit at
home from people that would like to see their email. so I had to set up
a account for them but it would have been useful to not have a gdm
password on this one.

So my mistake. At the beginning of that thread I had understood well the
proposal, and you'll notice I didn't answer till that sentence of you .