ML for ubuntu+1

bapoumba at gmail.com bapoumba at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 10:10:19 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-08-18 at 10:12 +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> shirish <shirishag75 at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I looked at http://lists.ubuntu.com & while there is a ubuntu-users is
> > that where people should post queries like the one I am going to put
> > up next or here. Shouldn't there be a dedicated ML for the next
> > development release.  While we have this ML its seems to be more about
> > crystal-gazing, implementation in the near term & not with the
> > specifics of issues arising in the distro. one is using now.  (gutsy
> > 7.10)

>  About Ubuntu-devel-discuss
>
>     * Sharing of experiences with the current development branch of Ubuntu
>     * Technical questions about new features in the development branch
>     * Ideas and suggestions about future development of Ubuntu
>     * Point of contact for Ubuntu users to reach Ubuntu developers
>     * Open to all to subscribe, posting moderated for non-subscribers
>
> I agree that the description doesn't really match with reality that
> much, but the text above states what this mailing list was actually
> intended for, and it seems to me that this is exactly what you ask for.
>
> Perhaps we should more actively promote this mailing list to our testers
> to report about issues?
>
> --
> Gruesse/greetings,
> Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4

Hello!

I'm not sure if you all come to ubuntuforums or not.
We actually have several sub-forums for development.

The dev sub-forums gets archived (ie closed for posting) after the
version gets released. Currently, its "Development (Gutsy Gibbon)" [1].
A new one will be created when the first +1 snapshot is out.

In addition, there are two sections, Gutsy Gibbon Idea Pool [2] and Dev
Link Forum [3]. I think the devel-discuss mailing list could be promoted
in these UF sub-forums, and more relationships established between ml
and forums, so that everyone, and the +1 release, benefit.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Isabelle.

[1] http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=238