ubuntu-release delegations for unseeded packages in universe/multiverse
stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Tue Sep 21 20:20:45 BST 2010
first off, apologies for the confusion regarding ubuntu-release delegations
and for getting delegations only set up this late in the cycle.
For universe/multiverse packages, that are NOT found on any installation
media, Feature Freeze Exceptions  can be obtained from one of the
delegates in addition to ubuntu-release until the date of Final Freeze for
* mythbuntu: Mario Limonciello (~superm1) [superm1]
* mozilla team: Chris Coulson (~chrisccoulson) [chrisccoulson], Micah Gersten
* xubuntu: Lionel Le Folgoc (~mrpouit) [mr_pouit]
* netbook: Didier Roche (~didrocks) [didrocks]
* edubuntu: Jonathan Carter (~jonathan) [highvoltage],
Stéphane Graber (~stgraber) [stgraber]
* Ubuntustudio: Scott Lavender (~slavender) [ScottL]
If you're unsure if a package falls under a specific package set, just use the
regular procedure at , we'll sort it out.
In any case, please make sure to have the changes well tested and please
refrain from uploading any unnecessary changes.
Among these are:
* general package cleanups, like bumping standards-version
* adding a patch system for packages, which don't have one already
* changing text files (with regards to translations), including fixing minor
* switching build systems
Finally, any upload will land in the unapproved queue and hence will need an
archive admin to get accepted. As a result, please make sure to document
granted freeze exceptions properly in the changelog; this will greatly help
Stefan - on behalf of ubuntu-release.
robbiew: ...but I'm not scared to do re-spins the day of release :P
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 197 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/attachments/20100921/d07c7a2b/attachment-0001.pgp
More information about the ubuntu-devel-announce