GNOME Printer setup tool

Jeremy Bicha jbicha at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 19 01:42:34 UTC 2017

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:11 PM, Till Kamppeter
<till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> What determines which items appear in the GNOME Settings?

It needs at least a specially formatted and named .desktop and I think
it needs a more complex patch that we recently dropped.

> Do you mean the "Manage Installed Languages" button in the "Region &
> Language" part of GNOME Settings?

Yes

> I would opt for the button in the g-c-c Printers Panel. Something like
> "Advanced Printer Setup & Configuration".

"Additional Printer Settings" is my suggestion but picking names is difficult!

On Mon, Sep 18, 2017 at 9:30 PM, Till Kamppeter
<till.kamppeter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Checked it and it requires to post on the ubuntu-doc@ and
> to these lists? Perhaps in this case it would be better if you do the UIFe
> report as you already did other UIFe reports.

Ok, I started the bug as https://launchpad.net/bugs/1718083

Can you work on preparing the g-c-c patch to add the button? And can
you add a screenshot to the bug? I don't have any printers so I can't
easily do this work myself or tell what it looks like.

Then, we can send the notification emails and subscribe the Release Team.

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha