Weekly newsletter 8th September 2017

Nrbrtx nrbrtx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 16:00:51 UTC 2017

Thanks for this newsletter!

>We’ve packaged the KStatusNotifier extension to provide support for
indicators.  This will provide support for apps which use libappindicators
which was removed from GNOME 3.26.
So these bugs - https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1713551 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1713555 - are fixed?
For example on Ubuntu (new "Unity" shell) session I see both hp-systray and
psensor indicators, but they are not shown on normal GNOME Shell.

>We’ve updated the test plan for the Ubuntu Session to ensure we catch
regressions and bugs in the default session for new installs and upgrades.
What is about pkexec'ed and gksu/gksudo root apps on Wayland?
See bugs https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1713313 and
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1713311 .

Please do not forget about APT and Synaptic bugs -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1697120 , https://bugs.launchpad.net/bug
s/1533554 , https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1522675 ,
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1612948 .

And Firefox's orange textarea - https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1713347 .