Firefox Extensions still needed?

Xavier Guillot Valeryan_24 at laposte.net
Mon Aug 10 21:21:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

I can't answer to this specific question, but as an user with Firefox as
default browser on Ubuntu 15.04 Desktop, if those addons are kept,
perhaps they need to be signed.

Today when I updated to the latest FF Nightly 42.0a1 on the daily ppa,
Mozilla activated the obligation to use only officially signed extensions:
https://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/add-on-signing-in-firefox

All 3 Ubuntu addons were automatically desactivated.

On the nightly version, there is an option in About:config to restore
the old behavior (xpinstall.signatures.required set to false), but on
future normal and beta versions of Firefox, it will not be possible
anymore normally.

Even if the addons are provided directly in the packages and not on
Mozilla site, it is still also possible to validate them.

Best regards,

Xavier