Your recent patch of CompizConfig Settings Manager.

Petko pditchev at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 21:38:49 UTC 2012

On 02/17/2012 08:07 PM, Andrew Starr-Bochicchio wrote:
> Forwarding to the desktop list as these things are best discussed in a
> public forum. For the record, I made these changes as there seemed to
> be a general consensus on the long CCSM thread that they (or something
> similar) would be welcome. Let's see what people think.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -- Andrew Starr-Bochicchio

I have to agree with Krytarik , removing the checkbox isn't that
beneficial taking into account the occasions people disable the plugin
in . I initially liked the idea , but the situation is as follows :
-no checkbox prevents accidental (or curiosity) clicks (but how often
does that happen)
-the main cases in witch people disable unity is when CCSM disables it
because of dependencies , so the checkbox being removed only harms in
those cases

So basically the change needed is to make Unity not available for
disabling (through CCSM. That is , if Unity is the only WM using CCSM in
Ubuntu distros) , which sadly is probably harder than a cosmetic change .

To conclude, IMO you should revert the change .

Petko