Fwd:Ubuntu, please don't waste time on upgrading your flashy & silly themes, desktop-effects!

David Klasinc bigwhale at lubica.net
Mon Feb 13 19:14:47 UTC 2012

> _Ubuntu,Please listen to us. The voice from users! _

Dear The Voice [1],

I've read your posts and I tried really hard to make out what are you
trying to tell us. I really did. It seems to me that you are generally
displeased with Ubuntu.

Other than that, you generated a lot of noise and made much ado about
nothing. I don't like peanut butter and you don't see me writing emails
to peanut butter companies telling them that their products taste awful
and that they should really make something like Nutella.

If you have something meaningful to add, to criticize or to tell Ubuntu
developers, please do, by all means. Make a list of specific things that
are bothering you and present them in a civilized way to the relevant
people.

You indeed have this option and there are numerous ways on how you can
do this, but please, be brief and be specific. When you say: "I don't
like Ubuntu." Nobody, without a crystal ball or a pack of fortune
tellers cards, can't really tell what is bothering you.

I do apologize for the rant, but this thread isn't upsetting just my
mailbox, it reached my bowels. :/

Regards,
David

[1] - addressed to the original poster, but for everyone who _knows_
that Unity sucks and they _know_ everybody is running away from Ubuntu.