Fwd:Ubuntu, please don't waste time on upgrading your flashy & silly themes, desktop-effects!

A. James Lewis james at fsck.co.uk
Tue Feb 14 17:27:25 UTC 2012

Well said.

I took 1 look at Unity in 11.04 and I decided to stay with Gnome 2.0...
but once Gnome 3 came out and 11.10, I ran them both on different
machines at home and at work... and now, I find myself preferring Unity
over either Gnome 3.x or Gnome 2.x.  I NEVER expected that to be the
case, I find I need to adjust a few settings (the default icon size is
too large for my taste)... but I really find it to be a pleasant system
to use.

I've got a machine running 12.04 alpha now too, and you can see
improvements all over the place... 12.04 will be great, and I don't see
what the issue is that is causing people not to see the potential in Unity.

James