custom livecd

Bryan Quigley gquigs at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:56:00 BST 2009

I'm not sure where is better, but I can answer a couple of the questions.

1+2 - Add items to /etc/skel - gets copied as the hope folder for new users
(including live)
3+4 - I am currently using UCK (Ubuntu customization kit) but reconstructor
is good too (they automate a lot of the basic stuff). You want to make sure
to delete the old kernel.  And also you can remove translations (depending
on your app).  Just going through the default menus should tell you what you
can remove, I remove evolution, ekiga, mono*, pulseaudio.  GIMP is big too,
etc.
5+6 - sorry can't help ya there.