custom livecd

Isamar Maia isamar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 11:16:37 BST 2009

I am in almost the same situation of Carl now.

I can see UCK,Remastersys and some web tutorials like
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization and
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomization

I did some tests already and I have the following doubts:

1) To make a Livecd and InstallCD in the same media, customized, is it
possible ?
2) What is the best tool to be used ? I need to customize it the most
as possible.

Using the procedure from
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/InstallCDCustomization,
I am stucked now on this:
http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-installer@lists.ubuntu.com/msg00118.html

Some reason, I cannot run Ubiquity and "text mode" debian-installer is
being used.

What is missing here ?

Isamar