Installation suggestions

Ben Snyder spam76 at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 26 01:48:38 BST 2006

Hi folks

Forgive me if this is the wrong list, or if this topic has been covered...

First off, I've been using Ubuntu for a little over a month.  Great
distro, until now I've used nothing but Debian at home and CentOS at
work.  The only problem I see so far is that the desktop install doesn't
give any options.  It would be great to have a developer version, which
installs gcc, g++, autoconf, gnu make, etc.  Maybe this doesn't appeal
to the target user base, though it would make my life as an admin much
simpler.

For now I've had to come up with a shell script to apt-get many
additional packages before my users have a useful system in place.

Thanks,
Ben Snyder