Moving the Ubuntu Wiki to Mediawiki or something else?

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Tue Feb 16 21:58:45 UTC 2016

Migration will probably be easier with DokuWiki since its backend is a
filesystem, like MoinMoin. Not that I want a en-masse migration to take
place. I think this is a good opportunity to start "a new Earth".

Also, DokuWiki has ACL built in whereas MediaWiki does not.

Both these pieces of software appear well maintained/developed. It is a
mystery to me why the Ubuntu packages are so far behind upstream.

Here is some stuff to chew on:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_wiki_software
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MoinMoin
https://www.dokuwiki.org/acl