[U-co] [U-Co]

marcos atehortua matehortua en gmail.com
Vie Dic 5 09:59:45 UTC 2008

Les reenvio un correo de la lista de correo de FalkoTimme.com

Siempre se ven excelentes manuales muy bien escritos en esta pagina.

Pero esta vez quisiera recalcar este:

Installing ubuntu-system-panel (USP) On Ubuntu 8.10
http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-ubuntu-system-panel-on-ubuntu-8.10

Lo probe y me gusto bastante

Saludos
matehortua

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "FalkoTimme.com Newsletter" <newsletter en falkotimme.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 13:14:15 +0100
Subject: [FalkoTimme.com] Newsletter 12/04/2008
To: "FalkoTimme.com Newsletter" <newsletter en falkotimme.com>

New HOWTOs:
===========
- The Perfect Desktop - Fedora 10 (GNOME)
- Managing OpenVZ With The Vtonf Control Panel On CentOS 5.2
- Server Monitoring With munin And monit On CentOS 5.2
- Installing ubuntu-system-panel (USP) On Ubuntu 8.10
- How To Install And Configure Cherokee Web Server With PHP 5 And
MySQL 5 Support On Ubuntu 8.10 Server (Intrepid Ibex)
- The Useful Uses Of Mod Rewrite
- Running Windows Programs On Ubuntu 8.10 With CrossOver Linux Pro 7.1.0
- Installing VirtualBox 2.0 On Mandriva 2009.0
- Samba + Clamd + Samba-Vscan On CentOS 5.2

The Perfect Desktop - Fedora 10 (GNOME)
=======================================

This tutorial shows how you can set up a Fedora 10 desktop (GNOME)
that is a full-fledged replacement for a Windows desktop, i.e. that
has all the software that people need to do the things they do on
their Windows desktops. The advantages are clear: you get a secure
system without DRM restrictions that works even on old hardware, and
the best thing is: all software comes free of charge.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-fedora-10

Managing OpenVZ With The Vtonf Control Panel On CentOS 5.2

Vtonf is a free web-based control panel (released under the GPL
license) for managing virtual private servers (VPS) based on OpenVZ.
It makes it very easy to create and manage OpenVZ VMs even for people
with little technical knowledge. Right now, Vtonf is available only
for RedHat, Fedora, and CentOS (support for Debian is planned),
therefore I describe its installation and usage on a CentOS 5.2
server.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/managing-openvz-with-vtonf-control-panel-on-centos-5.2

Server Monitoring With munin And monit On CentOS 5.2

In this article I will describe how you can monitor your CentOS 5.2
server with munin and monit. munin produces nifty little graphics
about nearly every aspect of your server (load average, memory usage,
CPU usage, MySQL throughput, eth0 traffic, etc.) without much
configuration, whereas monit checks the availability of services like
Apache, MySQL, Postfix and takes the appropriate action such as a
restart if it finds a service is not behaving as expected. The
combination of the two gives you full monitoring: graphics that lets
you recognize current or upcoming problems (like "We need a bigger
server soon, our load average is increasing rapidly."), and a watchdog
that ensures the availability of the monitored services.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/server-monitoring-with-munin-and-monit-on-centos-5.2

Installing ubuntu-system-panel (USP) On Ubuntu 8.10

ubuntu-system-panel is a simple launcher for the GNOME desktop,
providing easy access to Places, Applications and common configuration
items for your computer. This guide shows how to install and configure
it on an Ubuntu 8.10 desktop.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-ubuntu-system-panel-on-ubuntu-8.10

How To Install And Configure Cherokee Web Server With PHP 5 And MySQL
5 Support On Ubuntu 8.10 Server (Intrepid Ibex)
=====================================================================================================================

This tutorial shows how to install Cherokee from source with PHP and
MySQL support on a Ubuntu 8.10 server machine. The reason for
compiling from source instead of using apt to install binary packages
is that there are older versions in the repositories than the ones
available on Cherokee's homepage. The main goal is to install the
webserver so I didn't bother compiling everything else. That way you
won't spend to much time on doing things I didn't want to describe.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-and-configure-cherokee-web-server-with-php5-and-mysql5-on-ubuntu-8.10

The Useful Uses Of Mod Rewrite
==============================

In this tutorial, I'm going to be teaching what mod rewrite is and few
examples of its uses. Mod rewrite is a powerful tool and one of the
simplest ways to make your website more SEO friendly.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/the-useful-uses-of-mod_rewrite

Running Windows Programs On Ubuntu 8.10 With CrossOver Linux Pro 7.1.0

This guide shows how you can use CrossOver Linux Pro 7.1.0 to run
Windows applications on Ubuntu 8.10. CrossOver is based on Wine. It is
not available for free, but maybe you are one of the lucky guys that
grabbed a CrossOver copy for free a few days ago; otherwise you can
install a 30-day trial version to test it.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/running-windows-programs-on-ubuntu-8.10-with-crossover-linux-pro-7.1.0

Installing VirtualBox 2.0 On Mandriva 2009.0

This tutorial shows how you can install Sun xVM VirtualBox on a
Mandriva 2009.0 desktop. With VirtualBox you can create and run guest
operating systems ("virtual machines") such as Linux and Windows under
a host operating system. There are two ways of installing VirtualBox:
from precompiled binaries that are available for some distributions
and come under the PUEL license, and from the sources that are
released under the GPL. This article will show how to set up
VirtualBox 2.0 from the precompiled binaries.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/installing-virtualbox-2.0-on-mandriva-2009.0

Samba + Clamd + Samba-Vscan On CentOS 5.2

This is a howto on getting samba + clamav + samba-vscan to work on a
CentOS 5.2 system.

You can find the document here:
-------------------------------
http://www.howtoforge.com/samba-clamd-samba-vscan-on-centos-5.2

For a monthly fee of 5 EUR or 25 EUR for half a year, you can become a
HowtoForge supporter and help us cover our costs (servers, bandwidth,
etc.). In return, you receive the following benefits:

1) Access the whole HowtoForge web site without any ads.

2) Download the results of our tutorials as VMware images (where
available) (a list of downloadable VMware images is available here:
http://www.howtoforge.com/list-of-downloadable-vmware-images ).

3) Download our tutorials as PDF files.

4) View our tutorials as printer-friendly pages.

5) You will be marked as a "HowtoForge Supporter" in your forum posts.

If you have the free VMware Server or Player installed, you can import
our VMware images and start playing around with the results of our
tutorials immediately. It's a great way to track down problems with
your own setup or simply to save time. ;-)

Best Regards,

Falko Timme
System Developer
Email: ft en falkotimme.com

Please help me maintain my site and write more (hopefully) useful
HOWTOs by making a donation (through PayPal) here:
http://www.falkotimme.com/donation.php

newsletter en falkotimme.com

--
Marcos Atehortua Mejia.