[ubuntu-cloud] single server setup orchestra juju openstack

Robbie Williamson robbie at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 3 01:16:46 UTC 2012

On 02/02/2012 09:24 AM, Stefan wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Im new to cloud techniques and want to learn and play around with ubuntu
> cloud. I dont have 6 machines to play with, only one server, so I tried a
> single server setup. I searches around but can not find a usefull docu to run a
> single server with orchestra, juju and openstack on ubuntu 11.10. Some on
> openstack irc told me about http://devstack.org/. Okay this is running but
> installing or using orchestra and juju fail.
FWIW, Orchestra is for deploying onto multiple machines, not a
single-laptop/local deployment.

I tried also cdinstall and
> packageinstall but nothing will work for me.
To where exactly? Please explain.

> Now Im trying again using:
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Orchestra/Juju
>
> but I hang with:
>
> root at monster:~# juju bootstrap
> error: Environments configuration error: /home/stefan/.juju/environments.yaml:
> environments.orchestra.default-series: required value not found
You don't need (nor should you use) orchestra, if you are trying to
install OpenStack on a single local machine.  Juju provides the ability
to deploy charms locally via Linux containers (LXC).  I'm not sure of
the present state of the charms for 11.10 (cc'd the Juju list[1]), but I
know if you want to configure Juju for local deployment, you should
follow the steps listed under "For attendees" at:
  https://juju.ubuntu.com/CharmSchool

Hope this helps!

-Robbie

--
Robbie Williamson <robbie at ubuntu.com>
robbiew[irc.freenode.net]

"Don't make me angry...you wouldn't like me when I'm angry."
 -Bruce Banner