[ubuntu-cloud] UEC Single Point of failure

Zeeshan Ali Shah zashah at pdc.kth.se
Thu Nov 4 07:59:12 GMT 2010

Hi ,
I think in your case the single point of entry/failure is still Machine
A.  even if  have multiple CCs , we will still have single point of
failure on ClC/Walrus level .

correct me if i am wrong please

BR

Zeeshan

On 11/04/2010 08:53 AM, Björn Böttcher wrote:
> Hi Ziv,
>
> yes thank you. If I install on two machines a CC like in the example
> with 5 physical machines:
>
> machine A: CLC/Walrus
> machine B: CC1/SC1
> machine C: NC1
> machine D: CC2/SC2
> machine E: NC2
>
> Do the CC1 and CC2 and also the SC have automatically the same
> information? Or do I need to configure something like a Hot-Standby
> between both machines (in this example B and D) ?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bjoern
>

> 2010/11/4 Ziv Leyes <zivley at gmail.com <mailto:zivley at gmail.com>>
>
>     Hi Björn,
>     I guess you might be confused due to subtle semantics, it doesn't
>     say it SHOULD be 1 CC, it says at least, the minimal requirement
>     (not recommended for production environments) is to have 2
>     machines, but the more, the merrier.
>     Please take a look at the different possible topologies in the
>     link below:
>     https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/Topologies
>
>     Hope this helps,
>     Ziv
>
>     2010/11/3 Björn Böttcher <bboettche at googlemail.com
>     <mailto:bboettche at googlemail.com>>
>
>         Hi everyone,
>
>         According to
>         https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UE...nstallSeparate
>         <https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEC/PackageInstallSeparate>, there
>         should be only 1 Cloud Controller (CLC) and, as I read the
>         page, only 1 Walrus Controller. (WS3)
>
>         What would happen is 1 of these crash?
>
>         Is there a recommended solution for backup an UEC Configuration?
>
>         ~Bjoern
>
>         --
>

>     --

Regards

Zeeshan Ali Shah
System Administrator
PDC-Center for High Performance Computing
KTH-Royal Institute of Technology , Sweden
+46 8 790 9115