[ubuntu-cloud] Ubuntu Cloud Sever

Robin Laurén robin at lauren.fi
Mon Aug 2 22:07:27 BST 2010

...or put differently, cloud computing allows you to run a server on hired
hardware, somewhere, "in the cloud".

Anything you could do on a physical server that does not require you to
meddle with the server physically, you could do on a server "in the cloud".
Yes, it can be a file server, but it could also be a web server, or an
application server. You could run eyeOS on it (http://eyeos.org/) and have
your own Google-like docs and mail on it if you wanted. You can't connect a
mouse and monitor to it, but you can reach it over the network and work with
it. Just think of it as your server room with a very, very long cable to
your desk.

 ~llaurén

--
What we do not understand, we fear. What we fear, we destroy.