[Ubuntu-Classroom] Promoting Lernid PPA

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Sun Jul 17 18:45:41 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 2:05 PM, John S Gruber <johnsgruber at gmail.com> wrote:
> It would be simply great if anyone would have time to try these over
> the next week. (I'm hoping Lyz reads this line since she's good at
> getting the Xubuntu one to happen, hint, hint). I've tested the first
> patch most of the week, but not the Xubuntu one.

I'll give you a nudge tomorrow morning about this, I'd like to run the
new devel release throughout Community Week.

> I'd propose releasing those two fixes in a maintenance fix release,
> 0.8.1.5, in just about a week, in time for Cloud Week. Is everyone
> okay with that? I'd wait until the end of Community week next week to
> do the uploads to the lernid-releases PPA and would expect them to be
> automatically downloaded to most lernid-releases PPA students over
> next weekend. We could also do a test session next Friday but there
> are no new features at all, just those two fixes.

Unfortunately I'm flying out for a conference super early Friday
morning and won't really be available all weekend. I think my testing
throughout the week is enough for me to be confident of the fixes so
unless someone else sees a need I don't think we need another formal
testing session this week.

> If they work is the Classroom team good to go? If so I'd like then to
> start work on getting this new upstream Lernid into Natty.

Sounds good.

> For the next two weeks it will be important for students using
> upstream Lernid to have good event descriptions on ubuntu-owl. During
> both testing sessions people have had trouble when not connecting to a
> good event (containing a valid session calendar). Unless people
> connect to a correct calendar the recent anti-phishing security fix
> will mean they won't see new web pages (and, as always, won't see
> slides).

Noted. Updating ubuntu-owl calendar now for Community Week and Cloud Days.

--
Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com