[Ubuntu-Classroom] Fwd: LoCo teams using #ubuntu-classroom

Elizabeth Krumbach lyz at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 29 20:09:25 BST 2010

FYI :)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jorge O. Castro <jorge at ubuntu.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 12:05 PM
Subject: LoCo teams using #ubuntu-classroom
To: "Ubuntu local community team (LoCo) contacts"
<loco-contacts at lists.ubuntu.com>

Hi everyone,

At UDS we identified that some LoCo teams might not be aware of some
of the learning resources available from the Learning team. The most
obvious is the #ubuntu-classroom channel, which has instructions here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Classroom

As you can see we don't have a problem scheduling classes in the
channel and having Ubuntu User Days, however after the success of Open
Week in Spanish[1] I am wondering if perhaps we should encourage Local
Teams to also run content in -classroom in their own native language.
We do know that some teams are running their own classroom channels
(like #ubuntu-charlas). I'm not proposing getting rid of those, but
perhaps on occasion running a session in #classroom to encourage other
teams that it's a good idea and to get the content out there and more
visible.

Does anyone have any insight on a LoCo that would be interested in
trying out some local content on #ubuntu-classroom? It doesn't have to
be a
full day or a week or something, but it would be cool if we had events
running in classroom from all over the world. Thoughts?

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek_ES

PS - The classroom admins hang out in #ubuntu-classroom-backstage and
loco team members are welcome to join if you want to ask about what it
takes to run a class.

Elizabeth Krumbach // Lyz // pleia2
http://www.princessleia.com