[Ubuntu-ch] Text for OpenExpo poster

Myriam Schweingruber schweingruber at pharma-traduction.ch
Fri Mar 13 16:09:05 GMT 2009

Hi Nicola,

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 14:35, Nicola Jelmorini <jelmorini at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Myriam,
>
> just another little idea. Perhaps a little bit obvious and too serious, but
> anyway is an idea.
>
> The Ubuntu Logo represent three Human Beings (from different part of the
> world), that make a community, that is stronger than the single person.
> Our Country has a motto that can be associated with this feeling. This motto
> goes back centuries ago when three Cantons have founded the primitive
> Confederation. You see the link: three Human Beings for Ubuntu, three
> Cantons for the birth of Switzerland.
>
> The motto is:
>
> LAT: Unus pro omnibus, omnes pro uno
> ITA: Uno per tutti, tutti per uno
> FRA: Un pour tous et tous pour un
> GER: Einer für alle und alle für einen
> ENG: One for all and all for one

Guess what is on top of our wiki page:

''Ubuntu pro omnibus, omnes pro Ubuntu!''

No need to translate IMHO, as all Swiss recognize this motto, even if
it's slightly modified.

Good tip, will keep it in mind! Thank you!

Regards, Myriam

--
Protect your freedom and join the Fellowship of FSFE for 2009:
http://www.fsfeurope.org/2009