[Ubuntu-ch] Text for OpenExpo poster

Philipp Gassmann phiphi at wmail.ch
Fri Mar 13 17:21:36 GMT 2009

Hi

I doubt heavily that every Swiss will recognise "Ubuntu pro omnibus,
omnes pro Ubuntu" as being a reference to the swiss "slogan". First:
Almost nobody knows Latin. 2nd: You don't learn that in School (at least
i didn't and I finish Kantonsschule this year) 2. "All for one, one for
all is" is associated with the three musketeers,  more than with the
swiss motto

But anyways: It's a nice idea. One could create an image of the three
founders of Switzerland standing on the Ubuntu-Logo (with the flag in
the midst) and holding their hands up to swear. The slogan in each
language (on separate posters) would then be recognised by the people.

What do you (all) think of that?

Regards, Philipp

-------- Original-Nachricht --------