Ubuntu Ottawa meetup?

Ralph Pichie thevillagegeek at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 01:44:36 UTC 2009

I am quite busy this week and still not quite over a virus (insert
Windows joke here), but things should be better after mid-month. I
want to arrange an hour or two to discuss some cool project ideas and
check out our tech toys and tmaybe even recruit a new user or two.

To appeal to the OCLUG crowd that is yearning to have a downtown
location again, I'm looking at the Umi Cafe (Somerset West at Percy),
the Xpresso on Dalhousie (see OGWifi map) or one of the Bridgehead
locations on Bank or Elgin. The Umi might be the best, as I am trying
to get an Ubuntu kiosk for internet there, but it can be busy.

To avoid a thread about time preferences that the rest of the country
doesn't care about, I'll suggest we meet on a weekend, earlier in the
day at one of those location, then see what the numbers and situation
warrant. Alternatively, an evening my be ok. I'll ask at the Umi about
upcoming time slots, and post the info if they have something
suitable. They tend to have workshops on Wednesdays, which would be
perfect for a Windows-less Wednesday event...

Ralph