Ubuntu Netbook Remix on Acer Aspire One Ugraded version.

Pedro I. Sanchez psanchez at colcan.ca
Wed Dec 2 14:32:20 UTC 2009

alfred wrote:
> Hi I got the install disk for Netbook Remix, and I have an Acer Aspire
> One with 2 Gigs of Ram, 250 Gigs of HDD, which has Windows Vista on it
> right now.
>
> Anyone have a bit of Experience with Net book Remix for 32 bit?
>
> Are there good notes on how to use this yet. Eg get rid of Vista, and
> then install Netbook Remix.
>
> I'm not sure what to do as I've never had a laptop before.
>
> Alfred!

Hi Alfred,

You can download the "Karmic Koala Bible" which is a very nicely
formatted document that walks you through the installation process and
will help you get started with Ubuntu.

http://makeuseof.org/ubuntu

... and yes, the installer will get rid of Vista if you just tell it to
use the full hard drive for the installation (select "Use the entire
disk" when you get to the partition options menu).

--
Pedro