Eugene Cormier eugene.cormier at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 04:39:55 UTC 2008

Or.... maybe you burned the downloaded iso file onto a data cd.....make
sure when you burn that you choose the option in your burning program
"burn image".....otherwise you get a cd with the image in a file burned
to a non-bootable cd

Eugene

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 18:40 -0700, Kevin and Nicole McCormick wrote:

> Good day,
>

> I am not very computer savvy so forgive me for any ignorant questions.
>

> I downloaded the Ubuntu 7.10 OS and burned to a CD. I recently
> received an old IBM Net Vista with a blank hard drive. The computer
> has a Pentium 4 processor.
>

> I am attempting to load the Ubuntu onto the blank drive with the CD.
> When I turn the computer on I get a message of “no operating system
> found. Press F1 for reboot sequence” (maybe not word for word).
>

> The CD is running but I do not know how to start the load sequence.
>

> Can you help?
>

> Kevin

*           Eugene Cormier             *
*          Acadia University           *
*        www.eugenecormier.com         *
*       eugene.cormier at gmail.com       *
*       DEN 152, (902) 585-1329        *
*    Classical Guitar, Guitar Class,   *
*    Guitar Ensemble, Prelim. Rud.     *