Next release

Illusha Nokhrin illu45 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 20:26:53 UTC 2007

Hm... I'm not sure what you mean by "various command line features".
Generally, as you probably already know, different apps do different tasks,
many of which can be done through the command line, but the apps just make
the experience a bit more user-friendly. If you're looking for replacing
things like chmod, rm, mv, cp and file management commands, any file manager
(nautilus, thunar, konqueror) should be able to do those. Synaptic is a nice
tool to use in place of apt-get or aptitude install. I believe there are
also several network management programs for commands like iptables and
ifconfig, although I've not played around with any.

Oddly enough, although I started off with Windows' point-and-click
interface, I find that most of the time I prefer to launch programs via the
keyboard (ALT+F2) instead of going through the menus. That might just be
because of my dislike of the XFCE menu, though.

Hope that helps,
Illusha