Video Streaming

R. Wood au516 at freenet.carleton.ca
Thu Sep 14 23:56:53 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 14, 2006 at 11:24:24AM -0500, Greg Renegar stated:
> Mathieu Avoine wrote:
> > On 9/14/06, *Al Koroma* wrote:
> > > I'm looking for a Linux based webdesign software, graphics and
> > > video streaming softfare to upload a large video and graphics
> > > presentation to a website whose construction is in progress. I
> > > would appreciate any recomended software from this forum. Thanks
> > > in advance
> >
> > Hi Al,
> >
> > For the webdesign software you may be interested by BlueFish
> > (http://bluefish.openoffice.nl/index.html), however I'm not sure if
> > it's available to Ubuntu through apt-get. Also, I never tried it so
> > it could not be what you're looking for. I guess you're looking for
> > a linux-based sort of DreamWeaver?
> >
> > Regarding the streaming of video and graphics to a website, I have
> > no idea, perhaps someone else does? I'm not too sure if streaming
> > uploads is actually possible... Any thoughts?
> >
> > Math
>
> My experience is that Bluefish (sudo apt-get install bluefish)
> combined with creating rsync (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync)
> scripts to securely sync websites to staging and production servers
> (of the linux and unix variety) is an excellent replacement for
> Dreamweaver.
>
> I tried other web editors, I found Bluefish to be most powerful/easy
> to use. (coming from a developer background)
>
> Don't know about the streaming stuff, sorry.
>
> Greg

Hi,

For WYSIWYG HTML editing, 'nvu' is worth a look I think.

'rsync' (over ssh) should work well for uni-directional web site
mirroring.  'unison' is a bi-directional mirroring tool which will even
work between *nix and *d0ze systems.

I have no idea about streaming media either.

Have Fun with GNU/Linux,
Raymond