Ubuntu.ca ?

MF magicfab at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 14:48:53 UTC 2005

Brian Burger wrote:

>OK, latest version, possibly the final version, depending on what you all say!
>
>http://www.warbard.ca/temp/Ubuntu_CA_insert.pdf

Most excellent! Now the question that begs an answer is:
What to do with ubuntu.ca ? :)

I don't know if it's relevant to keep a separate wiki, I believe we
should contribute to wiki.ubuntu.com.

I' d like to focus on local initiatives and success stories, so the news
engine is ok. Links are nice too although that section seems so
Yahoo+1980s.. I'd see us using a service like delicious to aggregate
Ubuntu links and syndicate them to ubuntu.ca. Pictures ?

I'm even thinking the only part we should keep is the blog/news.

Corey, can you summarize what would be the " ToDo" to get ubuntu.ca
up-to speed, perhaps in small tasks so we can get this done among us ?

In terms of french support, I think a separate ubuntu.ca/fr page with
some links to the wiki.ubuntu.com site would be enough, I could start
linking to some local content. I have already tracked-down the person
who was initially translating the wiki for use in ubuntu-fr but I have
another approach.

Cheers,

Fabian