ubuntu-ca Digest, Vol 8, Issue 5

Holiday eholiday at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 12:49:42 UTC 2005

Oh sure, I know. My girlfriend uses my computer without finding any
difference with windows at al and I have thought it would be a good
alternative for my mother with her insanely promiscuous screensaver and
funny email sharing friends . She does email, webbrowsing, and works on her
journal.

I'm not putting down Ubuntu or Linux, it is my environment of choice. I am
saying that we have a serious credibiltiy problem when it comes to
multimedia support when nearly everyone else I know plays DVDs and MP3s on
their nifty little laptops.

And though it directly affects the credibility of Ubuntu in Canada, I
believe this is a more a Canada issue than an Ubuntu issue. We bend over way
to far to protect corporate and other institutional power. What is the
has-to-be-nutty reason that every time I buy a blank CD I have to give a few
pennies to RCA?

Tell me again!

When you leap to protect Ubuntu in this, you are missing the point.