response to various issues

Holiday eholiday at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 12:58:48 UTC 2005

As I said, excuses don't change the fact - it is not possible to legally
play legally owned DVDs on a perfectly legal copy of Ubuntu - in Canada.
That seems to me an absurdity. Attempting to rationalize or sanitize it by
the 'profit motive' is even more absurd.

Perhaps Canadians with DVDs, these people we will recruit to Ubuntu and
Linux, will recognize the sanctity of the profit motive and how it cripples
their installations of Ubuntu. Or perhaps they'll just use Windows.

I understand this absurdity does not exist in Europe - or in South Africa?