Reading stack traces from bug reports

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort pochu at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 13 23:35:05 GMT 2007

Hello all!

Emmet Hikory has volunteered for running a session about how to read stack
traces (thanks Emmet!).

(quoting from wikipedia):
"A stack trace (also called stack backtrace or stack traceback) is a report of
the active stack frames instantiated by the execution of a program. They are
mostly used to aid debugging by showing where exactly an error occurs. The last
few stack frames often indicate the origin of the bug."

So knowing them well means you will be able to triage a lot of more bug reports,
and possibly fixing them. Also, since these reports are usually crashes they are
very important, so don't doubt this is an incredible opportunity for learning a
very important stuff.

It will be run this Saturday at 11:00 UTC on #ubuntu-classroom on Freenode. So
if you are interested on it, just join us there! It will be a really interesting
session and we will learn a very useful thing, with our master persia.

So don't forget to come, and also let your friends know about this, so they can
join too!

See you there,
Emilio