[Ubuntu-be] FOSDEM on February 24/25

Jan Fabry cheezy at lumumba.uhasselt.be
Wed Feb 14 20:31:52 GMT 2007

On 14 feb '07, at 20:59, Jan Claeys wrote:

> We need to prepare something for the booth at FOSDEM on February
> 24th/25th.
>
> Of course we can just put a PC with Ubuntu there, hand out flyers, and
> answer people's questions.  We can also show something special, if
> someone has a good idea and maybe can help to set it up.

I think we should keep in mind the audience here. This is not a
regular computer trade show, like we have done the previous months.
These are all rather specialized people from the F/OSS community, so
they probably know Ubuntu and its position in the Linux world.

I believe there are no other Ubuntu talks or something similar? Who
will be there from the Ubuntu community (not only ubuntu-be)? In my
opinion, there should be a sort of "state of the union". What was new
in Ubuntu last year? What can we expect in 2007? Demo the new
technologies that are in preparation stage now. But remember other
Linux distributions (Debian, Gentoo, Fedora...) are there too, so we
should focus on Ubuntu-specific items, not just general Linux
improvements.

This is of course just my opinion. I can't tell you whether I can
come this year, so I won't make any commitments now (also not about
material that I could bring with me).

Greetings,

Jan Fabry