[ Ubuntu-BD ] Shipit program might get closed

Russell John russell at linux.org.bd
Tue Sep 12 10:17:38 BST 2006

I agree with you completely.  However, if Canonical decides to go for
it, then we'll have to produce the CDs locally.  We can try to get
local sponsors who would be willing to pay the production cost, and in
return we can print their logo on top of the CDs.  We can also try to
convince the courier service companies to take care of
shipping/handling.

As a local community team, Canonical might send us a small number CDs
after every release (around 500), but I'm worried about the Govt. tax
issues.  Well, let's hope for the best.

- Russell