Stand up for Linux. Stop Microsoft from attempting to kill ubuntu and other Linux Distros.

ruscook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Sat Sep 24 02:16:11 UTC 2011

While I agree at face value this is way over the top.

Isn't one solution as simple as OEMs putting a motherboard jumper switch
their PC that enables disabling the requirement for a signed OS/bootloader?

That may not prevent the issue occurring in dual boot scenarios, but it
would still give us control over the h/w we buy to put our own OS on the
box.

Or am I missing something else?