[Solved I think] installing xubuntu on Acer Veriton 2800

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 26 15:30:40 UTC 2011

--- On Sun, 26/6/11, Chris Robinson <fabricator4 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: Chris Robinson <fabricator4 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [Solved I think] installing xubuntu on Acer Veriton 2800
> To: ubuntu-au at lists.ubuntu.com

near the "Ubuntu CD Image Automatic Signing Key", i'll have to check when check disk finishes if ever

> Glad it seems to be working for you however.
>
> >gparted has reported the hard drive has bad sectors in
> NTFS filesystem :(
> >Noooooooooo! You Microsoft bastards <me strangle the
> air>, where is my Windows
> >XP CD......
>
> Actually, bad sectors may be indicating a problem with the
> hard drive.  It would
> really pay to look at the Smart status of the drive and
> keep close tabs on it.
> Also do regular backups of any important data.

I hope is not another dud computer for her (first dud was RAM corruption issue) :(

do these centrelink/job networks give out dud computers?

--
tom_a_sparks "It's a nerdy thing I like to do"
Please use ISO approved file formats excluding Office Open XML - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html