Formal v Informal structure

Paul Gear paul at libertysys.com.au
Wed May 19 03:04:30 BST 2010

On 19/05/10 11:11, Cary Bielenberg wrote:
> Ok just got off my backside&  had a look&  on average the teams are 1 owner&  between 2&  6 admins depending on the country. Interestingly the US has state based loco's. I guess we are way too small for that. As Andrew stated there is 2 models for this&  we will have to decide what model/structure we take.

I've been thinking about the applicability of state-based LoCos as
well.  Assuming even population spread between states, and an identical
per-capita take-up of Ubuntu between .au and .us (both highly flawed
assumptions), .us has 309 million persons (very rough figure from
Wikipedia) in 50 states, or approximately one LoCo per 6,180,000
persons.  A per-state LoCo would give .au (22 million persons in 8
states - we'll count ACT & NT as states), or approximately one LoCo per
2,750,000 persons.  This is not really that different, and i wonder
whether it wouldn't be more practical in terms of co-ordination and the
like.

Paul