Results of IRC Meeting Poll

James Beake jamesbeake at moonmarsh.com
Sun May 16 03:30:06 BST 2010

As a member of this community that usually is not keen to weigh into these
debates I think it's time to stand up and be counted.

On 16 May 2010 00:32, Dave Hall <dave.hall at skwashd.com> wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 00:15 +1000, Scott Evans wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 00:04 +1000, Dave Hall wrote:
> > > I would suggest that we stick to the regular meeting cycle as proposed
> > > by Peter and in the intervening 3 weeks or so we try to develop some
> > > consensus around the issues, rather rush a meeting so issues can be
> > > railroaded.
> >
> > This my point ...  a person (me) decides to use initiative and I get
> > stomped on for trying!
>
> There is doing things properly and there is doing things badly.  As
> someone who has a lot of experience of FOSS communities and community
> groups in general, I feel that I have some responsibility to point out
> when I feel that people are making mistakes.  This was one of those
> occasions.

I disagree and I think there is room for both IRC meetings to  go ahead.
There will be plenty to talk about and this community needs to take all
the opportunities we can get to meet with each other, build a sense of
belonging and get inspired to do great things for Ubuntu.

> > So as far as I'm concerned the meeting will go ahead as published...
>
> I don't think that is a very good idea if you want it to have much
> credibility.

I don't agree. Scott, you have my support.

James