Results of IRC Meeting Poll

Dave Hall dave.hall at skwashd.com
Sat May 15 15:32:36 BST 2010

Hi Scott,

On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 00:15 +1000, Scott Evans wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-05-16 at 00:04 +1000, Dave Hall wrote:
> > I would suggest that we stick to the regular meeting cycle as proposed
> > by Peter and in the intervening 3 weeks or so we try to develop some
> > consensus around the issues, rather rush a meeting so issues can be
> > railroaded.
>
> This my point ...  a person (me) decides to use initiative and I get
> stomped on for trying!

There is doing things properly and there is doing things badly.  As
someone who has a lot of experience of FOSS communities and community
groups in general, I feel that I have some responsibility to point out
when I feel that people are making mistakes.  This was one of those
occasions.

> So as far as I'm concerned the meeting will go ahead as published...

I don't think that is a very good idea if you want it to have much
credibility.

Cheers

Dave