Evolution "error while synchronising inbox"

WasserLand dwass at optusnet.com.au
Mon Jun 14 07:38:58 BST 2010

Mitch,

I am most grateful for the attention and detail you have provided.
While you were doing that I was laboriously emptying, in turn, each
Evolution folder that protested with the "error while synchronising"
message.

I emptied them to separate temp folders and found that the original
folder, now empty, would correct itself.  The I moved the files back to
their original folders and had to restart Evolution each time.  But now
it seems to be working correctly.

The procedure (below) you have provided will nevertheless be very
useful.  Thanks again.

Dave W